Isn’t it hectic to stay up-to-date with the latest happenings in today’s busy world? with new techs and info popping out every day. This remains same when we talk about storing huge chunk of files on computers and storage devices. Decades back, there were only few options available as storage medium, now it has completely changed – we have mammoth size hard drives and fast operating systems. Since backing up information each day will eventually result in accumulation of huge data. It is not possible to store every bit of information on a single device over a long time. There are certain restrictions like disk capacity, disk durability and many more that acts as a barrier for data storage. And also it is applicable to design storage devices like that of sky scrapers for stacking info. Eventually freeing disks/drives will be a better solution to overcome such disk space dispute.
In this editorial, an effective approach is intended to provide few tricky ideas to evacuate disk space. So hold on, and read the complete article.
Rig up and free your disk space with following simple methods-
Method 1: Manual File deletion process
Junk files that are been piled up on drives can be manually picked and removed using Delete keys. If files are found on Recycle Bin, then refresh it to erase them permanently from system. Suggested to enable Recycle Bin properties for saving time that is been expended on emptying bin each time delete is performed.
- Just go to Recycle Bin
- Click on Manage option
- Then hit on Recycle Bin Properties
- Enable Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted
- Click on OK
After doing this, files will be automatically erased from drive bypassing recycle bin.
Method 2: Compress files and folders to save disk space
- Click on My Computer Window
- Right click on drive that need to be freed up
- Select Properties
- Mark “Compress this drive to save disk space”
- Tap on “Apply” button
- Close Windows properties
For uncompressing, just unmark “Compress this drive to save disk space” option.
Method 3: Use Disk Cleanup utility
- Right click on hard drive and select on Properties
- Click Disk Cleanup on disk properties window
- Select file type that need to be deleted and click OK
- Click Clean up system filesoption if system files are required to be deleted
- Click on More Options and utilize Clean upoption in System Restore
Method 4: Uninstall applications that are not required but simply draining system disk space
- Start and open Programs and Features option
- Click on Control Panel
- Click on Programs and Features under Programs
- Choose an application and click on Uninstall
Method 4: Move files to another location
- Connect external storage device to system
- Choose files that need to be moved from File Explorer
- Go to Home, right click and select on Move to and then Choose location
- Select storage device and then opt on Move
Yes, it matters!
Have a backup of files before performing any of the above mentioned method.